As of February 20, Five Four and a Quarter has officially been alive for one year. And what a year it’s been. 2011 was an enormous year of transitions and making big decisions. Looking back on the last 12 months, it’s incredible to think about how much I actually accomplished. I held five different jobs –thank God I had an accountant file my taxes;– I moved to four different houses/apartments; I transitioned from a college student to a young professional; I experienced emotional trauma, physical pain, happiness, and sorrow; and I spread my wings and left Vermont, the place I have always known as home.
Off the top of my head, here’s what else happened in the last year:
- In March of 2011 I quit a job for the first time
- Last spring and summer, I spend countless hours searching online for jobs, writing cover letters, and perfecting my resume
- I learned how to bartend
- I lived with my brother for a few weeks –something I hope I’ll never have to do again– and we both survived
- My first two friends from high school got married
- I became settled in Boston with a job and an apartment that I love
- I’ve made a lot of new friends but I still regularly see and talk to my friends from school, for which I am so extremely thankful
- I reversed my daily routine to allow for 6 a.m. runs, something I never thought I would enjoy, but it’s actually a great way to start the day–as long as it’s only a few days a week!
- I decorated my very own Christmas tree
- I successfully 100% support myself
Needless to say, it’s an exciting time of life. Stay tuned to see what 2012 brings!